Hey everyone! I’m very excited to have just launched our first crowdfunding campaign.
Check out this video, where I talk about the importance of open data for food growers:
We’re raising money for an intensive project around our API (Application Programming Interface), to help more people use Growstuff’s data for more purposes. We’re going to focus on improving our technology platform, building demos and examples, and helping developers and researchers use Growstuff’s data to build apps, study growing trends, and more.
Here are just a few examples of the things that are possible using Growstuff’s open data:
- A harvest calculator to show you how much money you save by growing food
- A plugin that automatically posts your garden activity to your blog
- Emailed planting tips and reminders based on your location and climate
- A map showing how food-growing patterns change over time in a region
- A website combining Growstuff’s data with other sources of information, such as nutritional or climate data
- Data visualisations and infographics about growing patterns
- Web apps, mobile apps, apps embedded in specialised hardware gadgets — anything is possible
We need to raise $20,000! Please help by contributing to the campaign over on IndieGogo. Perks include awesome Growstuff schwag, workshops, and other great stuff.